Hay veces que en medio de todo el ruido que es un Timeline de twitter, algún usuario de los que sigues parece apartarse de todo y se pone a escribir sobre algo, lo que sea. A mi en particular me llega a llamar mucho la atención eso y la verdad es bastante refrescante, leer algo que no sea noticia o actualidad o de un tema en el que todos estamos presentes.
Hoy he estado leyendo durante la mañana a Wes Borland(@wesborland). Si, ese de fama de Limp Bizkit. El wey casi nunca tuitea, pero por alguna razón hoy inició con:
<blockquote class=”twitter-tweet”><p>I’m going to throw out some suggestions for the next little while. Let’s see if you like any of them.</p>— Wes Borland (@wesborland) <a href=”https://twitter.com/wesborland/statuses/350195643773501440″>June 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
Hasta hace unos minutos lleva 50 “sugerencias”, que la neta se me hicieron muy cagadas así que se me ocurrió compilarlas por aquí. Las negritas son mías, de algunas que me gustaron en particular.
1. Here’s some ‘real” non software gear you might want to get: -Casio SK-1-Echoplex -Atari Punk Circuit Synth -Roland Paraphonic 505
2. Be careful when you attempt to slap and pop a bass. It might not sound as good to others as it does to you.
3. When leaving a party or bar, always ask a small group where the toilet is and say you’ll be right back. Then go home.
4. Keep your wallet in your front pocket and never in your back pocket.
5. Try using a bobby pin to clean your ears instead of a q-tip. Use the loop end and carefully scrape out the bad stuff.
6. Drink more water, park as far out in the parking lot as you can, don’t eat meat 1 day of the week.
7. Nobody is paying as much attention to you as you think they are. If you need to pee, you can probably get away with it anywhere.
8. You can make an album at home for almost nothing. The possibilities are only limited to your creativity, which is endless.
9. I learned how to mix on the internet, asking questions, and through trial and error. You can learn anything the same way.
10. Easy way to blow a mind: Carry a cheap extra umbrella in your car. Someday it’ll be raining and you can hand it to someone who needs it.
11. Some people need to be punched back harder than they punch you. Others need to be hugged when they punch you. It’s a tough decision.
12. Some days you should just leave the canvas blank.
13. Don’t watch commercials. Ever. Hide your eyes and mute the TV or computer. There’s nothing there that will benefit you.
14. You’re wrong. A lot. Admit it when you are. You’ll get more respect than if you’re an immovable know it all.
15. Try combining multiple things that you’re good at into one job or activity.
16. If you want something and can’t afford it, make it. Even if you fail you will have learned something.
17. Wearing sunglasses at night and in dark environments is way more weird and suspect than it is cool.
18. Never use the presets
19. Men should lose the flip flops in restaurants. C’mon guys. We’re trying to eat here.
20. You can carry duct tape by transferring it to an old license or plastic gift card. You’ll have a flat roll that’s easy to pocket.
21. Tell him/her you love them in a new and creative way. It’ll mean more. Sometimes a surprise sandwich works.
22. Most of the time nobody is coming to help you. Do it yourself. Fix it yourself. Save yourself.
23. Try to listen to music for what it is instead of letting it remind you of where you were when you first heard it. Listen to new music.
24. A wise man once said: “If you’re ready for zombies, you’re ready for anything.” I think I believe that.
25. Don’t let age, sex, race, income level, or geographic location influence who you think you are. You’re better than that.
26. Go on adventures whenever you can.
27. If you really want to get that fucking couch up those fucking stairs, you can do it.
28. If you’re about to pop, try listening to anything by Satie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7DBoiyBoJ8
29. Fiber is super important. Make sure you’re getting enough.
30. Do it today.
31. Over thinking and limitless options give death to creativity. Set a goal and set parameters. Commit and pull the trigger.
32. If you didn’t like baklava when you first tried it, you may want to give it another shot. Every dessert deserves a second chance.
33. Use your gut for the big decisions and logic for the small ones. In matters of the heart, the right side of the brain will always win.
34. Shower often and brush your teeth. Dental insurance usually only covers cleanings and gold teeth are expensive.
35. You’re all going to get old and be mocked by the generation behind you. Get over it. Who cares.
36. Try juicing fruits and vegetables. It’s a mess and fun and really good for you. Breville makes the best juicers.
37. If you have the misfortune of ever breaking a rib. Avoid your funny friends for the next couple of months. They’ll forgive your absence.
38. Real will always sound better than virtual. The human element is the most beautiful thing about art and music. Make little mistakes.
39. Be spontaneous without being impulsive. At times it’s hard to tell the difference. Good luck.
40. When you make art, don’t be precious with your work. You can always start again. It’s just paper/canvas/hard drive space/clay/film.
41. If you need to get an important idea across to a person in writing, make it brief and to the point. Nobody wants ‘novel-sized’ emails.
42. Stand for something, better yet, stand for yourself. You are your own protector and cheerleader.
43. Loctite 2 part epoxy gel will fix pretty much anything. I buy it in cases of 10. It’s as indispensable as duct tape and knives.
44. You may have heard this before a lot, but for christ sake: read a fucking book. Read Catcher In The Rye or Slapstick or something. Jesus
45. If in the moment diving into the drum kit seems like a good idea… IT IS.
46. Fearlessly eat strange foods.
47. Do NOT eat fast food ever. EVER. Not even occasionally. It’s worthless and it will turn you into mush.
48. If it’s legal where you live, carry a pocket knife with you.
49. Don’t complain. Venting is okay. You need to vent every once in a while. But nobody wants to hear you complain about anything. Shut up.
50. Sometimes people should hear what you think. Sugarcoating and white lies should be kept 2 a minimum, unless ur at church then go for it.
Y ya. Si, algunas están tontas pero creo que era el punto. A ver si pone más durante el día.